SimpleSend is no longer being supported as of 1/1/2019. It is still available for purchase but support will not be provided.
SimpleSend enables automated sending of document files via secure FTP or email. SimpleSend enhances the functionality of SimpleIndex in several ways as well as functioning as a standalone application.
By itself, SimpleSend can:
- Upload files to a FTP server
- Support SSL for secure FTP transfers
- Email files to one or several users
- Select files from a CSV file or any delimited text file
- Connect to any database to select files
- Insert CSV or database fields in email recipients, subject or body
- Select multiple sources and destinations for each transfer
- Split large file sets into smaller files for emailing
- Integrate with 3rd party applications via command line
- Save settings to a file for 1-click processing
- Schedule transfers for off-peak hours
When used with SimpleIndex, you can:
- Email files with SimpleIndex and SimpleSearch
- Enable scan-to-email configurations
- Automatically upload scanned files to secure FTP server
- Schedule uploading of scanned files for off-peak hours
- Create easier, more robust email functions with network scanners & digital copiers
SimpleSend lets you define complex file sets for upload. These file sets
can contain any type of file, whole folders or folder trees. File sets
can also be defined via the command line, database query or by importing a CSV (comma separated values) or
SimpleIndex IDX file. The import file is a simple comma-delimited text
file containing index field data and file paths. These are generated
automatically by SimpleIndex or they can be exported from Excel, Access, most databases and other document scanning applications.
Each file set can be associated with its own FTP Transfer. This lets you send different files to different folders on one server, or to completely different servers in one batch. SSL support eliminates the security concerns with FTP and lets you transfer private data while complying with regulations like HIPAA.
The email transfer component lets you send files to one or more recipients. Each file set can be associated with its own email component, so you can create multiple emails to multiple recipients at once. If you are importing from CSV file or database, field data can be inserted as the recipient, subject, file attachment or anywhere in the message body. Send customized email messages to hundreds of addresses, each with their own specific file attachment.
A typical example where this is useful is a mail room. SimpleCoversheet is used to create barcodes for each employee. The mail room staff opens the mail for each, places the appropriate barcode in front of each employee's mail and scans it with SimpleIndex. The entire batch may then be scanned, barcodes for each employee recognized and the files sent to their inbox automatically with SimpleSend.
The Automailer lets you connect to a database containing a list of files and/or recipients and automatically send:
- The same file to each recipient in the database
- Each file in the database to a specific recipient list
- Each file in the database to the email address associated with that file
- A personalized message to each recipient in the database
These are the same options available for CSV files in the Email Transfer component. Use the Automailer Component to use a database as the source list of files or recipients, or to send personalized emails without files.
Though the automailer component was designed for sending multiple files to multiple recipients, it can also be used to correspond with customers listed in your custom database application. Instead of maintaining two separate databases for your email lists, SimpleSend lets you use existing data to populate recipient lists. You may also personalize each email with by inserting field values from your database anywhere in the subject or body.
For Terms and Conditions of technical support and upgrades, click here.