This Scanner Is Currently Unavailable or Discontinued
This record has been provided to help you find parts for your scanner.
Website and Brochure links may stop working at any time.
Portable, Ultralight, Affordable
The AV188 is a compact, high-speed color duplex scanner. Designed to scan both documents up to legal size and plastic ID cards, the AV188 can be used to capture all the information you need in a fast, and reliable performance. The scanner’s straight paper path provides smooth and reliable paper transmit and less document jam. It also ensures thicker paper up to 400 g/m2 and embossed plastic cards up to 1.25mm can be transmitted smoothly. With the 50-page auto document feeder, the AV188 offers fast scan rate of 30 pages per minute for single-sided documents and 60 images per minute for double-sided documents. For ease of use, nine scanning presets can be custom programmed for different applications. The entire scanning process is then as simple as selecting a preset and pressing the simplex or duplex scan button. Tasks such as scanning, and storing or sending the images to application become completely automated processes.
Earth-Friendly LED Technology
The AV188 delivers high throughput and outstanding performance. However, it is earth-friendly at the same time. The LED technology requires no warm up time and is lower power consumption without generating mercury vapor as other traditional scanners using the CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamp) technology.
Fraction Roller Technology Enhances
Feeding Reliability Equipped with the innovative reverse roller technology for advanced paper separation, the AV188 delivers outstanding feeding reliability for an even a wider variety of document types and weights.
Ultrasonic Multi-Feed Detection
With the built-in ultrasonic multi-feed detection capability, the scanner allows you to set overlapped paper by detecting paper thickness between document. When multi-feed is detected a warning message will be prompted.
- Avision Button Manager 2
- Button Manager 2 makes it easy for you to scan and send your image to your favorite destinations with a press of one button. Now the new version comes with an innovative feature to let you scan and automatically upload the scanned document to popular cloud repositories such as Google Docs, Microsoft SharePoint, or FTP. In addition, the iScan feature allows you to insert the scanned image or recognized text after optional OCR (Optical Character Recognition) process to your text editor such as Microsoft Word to get your job done easily and quickly.
- AVScan 5.0
- Document imaging is the very first step of document management. However, poor quality images can cause serious problems to later indexing or storing processes. It may increase scanning labour costs and lower OCR accuracy. AvScan 5.0 ensures all documents are checked and polished at the time they are scanned such that the image quality is guaranteed before they are ready to use for other purposes. AvScan 5.0 is an intelligent scanning and electronic filing solution. AvScan 5.0 possesses distinct features that convert and index scanned information into electronic documents for easy storage and fast retrieval.
- PaperPort 11 SE
- PaperPort provides the easiest way to turn paper into organized digital documents that everybody in an office can quickly find and use. PaperPort works with scanners, multifunction printers, and networked digital copiers to turn paper documents into digital documents. It then helps you to manage them along with all other electronic documents in one convenient and easy-to-use filing system.
Optional Software (mention in Customer Notes field on checkout to include):
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 8 (+$50.00)
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 9 (+$75.00)
Includes 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty