Allows sharing or floating of licenses among multiple users. For example an office with 3 users on different shifts could purchase a single concurrent license shared at each user’s desk rather than 3 separate Workstation licenses.
SimpleIndex Professional Includes ABBYY FineReader OCR Engine, ICR Handprint Recognition, ISIS Scanning, and Cloud OCR.
can bring speed and efficiency to your scanning or doc filing no matter the process. Even if all you are doing is hand keying a few basic details about a document, breaking those details into individual indexes and adding tools like drop down choice lists, automatic orientation, and blank page deletion ensure a smoother, more consistent process.
Here's where things start to get interesting. From basic tasks like splitting individual documents within a stack of pages by spotting a blank page, a specific mark, or a barcode separator to capturing index data directly from the page or looking up additional details about a document in a database, SimpleIndex
has a host of powerful tools to tame your piles of paper or drives full of digital files. Let's look at a few.
ecognition is the ability to take a scan, which is merely a picture of a page, and turn it into words that the computer can understand and use to index your files. SimpleIndex
leverages the power of ABBYY FineReader, recognized as one of the best OCR engines on the market, to accurately capture names, dates, important numbers, document types, and other details about your file. Some products have you set a box and capture whatever information happens to fall in that zone. SimpleIndex
takes it further with Dynamic Zone OCR to enable you to set an oversized zone that allows for shifting of the pages between scans, but still captures just the date you need by matching against templates, lists, or even Regular Expressions (RegEx). You can also skip the zones entirely and use the full text of a page to find matches for your index data.
Those little patterns of black and white lines aren't just for the checkout lane anymore. SimpleIndex
can use barcodes for basic things like knowing where to start a new document or more sophisticated processes like taking name and address information from a single 2D barcode and separating it into a series of index fields. Integrating the powerful Pegasus engine from Accusoft, SimpleIndex
is able to recognize dozens of different barcode types whether from a simple separator sheet to a QR code containing dozens of data points.
can read from and write to popular database systems like Microsoft Access, MySQL and SQL Server and anything ODBC-compatible. On the read side of the coin, SimpleIndex
can look up additional details about an index value that has been captured allowing you to, say, confirm a patient's name when their ID number had been read off of a medical chart. On the write side, all of your index data as well as details about the file's location can be exported to a database to enable quick searches when you need to find a particular document later. SimpleIndex
can even be used as the friendly front-end interface for performing those searches so you never have to actually look at the database.
By enabling SimpleIndex
's Pre-Index option you can harness all of the above automation in a single press of the mouse. Click Run Job and documents are scanned, indexes are captured, and files are saved with meaningful folder and file names in the file sharing location of your choice. Easy.
What sets SimpleIndex
apart is its ease of setup combined with robust flexibility and a great team here to help if you need it. SimpleIndex
has been in this game for 2 decades and our sales and support experts have combined experience of over 50 years.
Each different type of document you work with has a unique set of indexes that need to be captured. The place where you tell SimpleIndex
what the indexes are and how to capture them is called a job. The best part is you can have as many jobs as you want. Scan HR docs in the morning and invoices after lunch by simply opening a different job.
When you create a new job in SimpleIndex
our configuration wizard can guide you step-by-step through the process. With descriptions and tool tips for almost every single setting, it's hard to go wrong building a job.
From a simple name-a-file scanning job, to mission critical processes that look up multiple data items and export to a back-end document management system or SharePoint library, SimpleIndex
is ready to perform. You can also run it as needed from day to day or load it on a server and have it watch folders and process files autonomously in the background. Likewise, when it comes to buying SimpleIndex
, we only sell you the features you need. If your processes change, you can add more features over time.
Arguably the best feature of SimpleIndex
isn't in the software, it's in the group of people that make and support it. We have a Tennessee-based team of seasoned professionals ready to assist with your project. Have a question about why an index isn't being captured as expected? Give us a call. Need your index data formatted as a custom XML file so your content management platform can ingest it? Send us an email.
SimpleIndex 11 Specifications
- Windows 11, Windows 10 32- or 64-bit edition, Windows 8 32- or 64-bit edition and Windows 7 32- or 64-bit edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019
- A computer with a 2 GHz Intel Pentium or higher, or equivalent processor, 3 GHz recommended
- 4 GB of memory (RAM), 8 GB recommended
- 2.8 GB total hard drive space for all components
- WIA, TWAIN or ISIS scanner driver
- Web access needed for online activation
- SimpleSearch - SimpleIndex with retrieval capabilities only, for those that only need to search
- Server Processing Add-On - Add Server Processing option to SimpleIndex
- Pegasus Barcode Server Add-On - Add Server Processing for barcodes to SimpleIndex including the Pegasus Barcode Engine
- Cloud OCR Add-On - Add Amazon Textract cloud OCR for handprint recognition and forms extraction
- SimpleCoversheet - Create Barcode coversheets that SimpleIndex will read and use to index the images
- SimpleView - Standalone document viewer for searching, editing and annotating files
- SimpleSend - Automatically upload images via FTP or WebDAV and route documents via E-mail
- SimpleQB - Scan images and automatically attach them to the QuickBooks record, then retrieve
- ISIS Scanning Add-On - Add ISIS scanning capability to SimpleIndex Basic, OCR & Barcode
- SimpleExport - Convert output data to any XML or JSON schema for DMS integration, including Digitech's PaperVision/ImageSilo or CompuThink's ViewWise
For Terms and Conditions of technical support and upgrades, click here.