Part # AV-2000-0000
Document Scan Server (DSS) enables organizations to
improve business performance by scanning documents at the point of entry into a
workflow. DSS is an integrated software/hardware solution that provides
flexible tools to scan-enable third-party applications, secure scanner
connectivity options, and centralized management capabilities to reduce the cost
and complexity of capture deployments.
Organizations need Document Scan Server if they:
- Are unwilling to disrupt their existing IT
infrastructure, or have security policies that are in conflict with
traditional PC-based scan stations.
- Require centralized management capabilities
to set up and maintain scanners in remote locations.
- Are searching for a simplified,
cost-effective means to add scanning capability at any location where paper
and electronic documents enter the organization.
With Document Scan Server you can:
- Add scanning capability to virtually any
software application. No need for users to quit an application or move to
another computer in order to scan.
- Minimize disruption to existing business
processes or workflows.
- Eliminate the need to install SCSI boards,
scanner drivers or scanner applications on client PCs.
- Adhere to corporate IT standards for desktop
PC security and software.
- Manage scanning infrastructure from a
single, central location.
- Have branch office workers install the
Document Scan Server network appliance in minutes.
Key features include:
- Web Services Software Development Kit (SOA
compliant) to add scanning capability to new or existing software
- Single administrator can use Management
Console to configure, monitor and update scanners throughout enterprise.
- True thin client scanning.
- Scan from practically any platform including
Windows, Mac, and Linux, thin client terminals and Citrix environments.